Muslims are the most ethnically and culturally diverse community in America. That diversity is expressed through the thousands of unique food dishes cooked right here in St. Louis. Join us for the 1st ever Muslim cook-off where local families & caterers will battle one another for the best meal. Enjoy international prepared food from local area restaurants in the bazaar.
WHEN: Sunday, August 13th 11:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: World’s Fair Pavilion in Forest Park
1904 Concourse Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146
Click Here to Rent a Tent, Booth, or Submit Your Dish Into the Competition…
CASH PRIZES: $300 for best dish in each category along with 2nd and 3rd place prizes
For local area restaurants and caterers looking to promote their businesses, we are offering two packages.
– 10′ x 10′ Tent Rental $250: Include 1 rectangular table, two chairs, and access to power
– Pavilion Booths $100: Inside of the World’s Fair Pavilion various booths will be set up that include 1 rectangular table, two chairs, and skirting dividers.
Submit Your Dish for the Competition $25 Per Dish: Do you think your dish has what it takes to win the Cook-Off? Then submit your dish into one of the following categories for your chance to win $300.
5 Competition Categories: When you register online, do your best to place your dish in the appropriate category
– Best Appetizer: (Examples: Samosas, Pakoras, Burek, Grape leaves, Salads, Hummus, Falafel, Egg Rolls, Paksimeti, Burek, Chili etc)
– Best Rice & Pasta Dish: (Examples: Briyani, Kebsa, Maqloba, Djuvec, Pilaf, etc)
– Best Sauce & Bread Dish: (Examples: Salan, Nihari, Sandwiches, Mansaf, Sugo, Punjena Paprika, Naan, Pita Bread, Cevapi, etc)
– Best Alternative Dish: (Examples: Anything that doesn’t fit into these other categories)
– Best Dessert: (Examples: well anything sweet that’s served after dinner
– Master Chef: $600, including free tent, business logo on printed brochures, business logo and description on website, social media shout out, mention in speech and announcement during the award ceremony, mention in a media release and any media interview.
– Culinary Genius: $450, free tent, business logo on printed brochures, business logo and description on the website, social media shout out, mention during the speech and announcement during the award ceremony.
– The Saucier: $250, business logo and description on website, social media shout out and mention during the speech.
– Assistant Chef: $150, business logo and description on the website and social media shout out.